Sunday, March 13, 2011

In the beginning...

I don't really see myself as a rookie when it comes to the internet, although some may disagree. But this blogging thing is new territory for this explorer, and I'm interested to see where it can take me. And where I can go and what there is to learn from it. I've been doing research on how to make money, actually make a living, by doing and pursuing my personal passions. What could be easier and more fun than that?

So one area of interest is what a blog can do for my photography. And another, is can I use this blog thing as a vehicle for me to release the creative compulsions I've been having lately to write.

One way to be a better writer is to read. Read like a freak. And with the limited research I've done on this blogging topic so far, it's like well yeah, with this blog idea, thing, I will read and write. And maybe even display some of my images and get a little feedback at the same time.

A blog may be a good way to present my artistic ideas to others, and hopefully gain knowledge at the same time on both topics I'm curious about.

I take a lot of pictures but I'm the only one who ever sees them. I jot down a lot of ideas I have about life, but it's only me ever reading it. What fun is that?

I might even make some new cyber friends along the way, who knows?


So here we go...

A small waterfall I found out there...

Photography and text by T. Michael Smith (Todd Smith for those of you who may know me)

1 comment: